I don't know about you guys but during this time of year, my hands are like the Sierra Desert. Dry, cracked, itchy, red, just gross. I made this for some friends and family as a gift last year during the holidays and it was a hit! I thought this was a good time of the year to show you guys how to put it together. It's so so easy and it can be made with only a few items that you might already have in your house! The recipe isn't anything new, its all over Pinterest. I added my own flare with some cute little wooden spoons and hand lettered labels that you guys can download here. Enjoy! Stay warm my friends, spring is near.
Since I hit my 20's, I have become a little bit of a skin care nut. Here are some awesome benefits of using himalayan salt:
- Detoxifies the body by balancing systemic pH
- Improves hydration by providing trace minerals
- Reduces muscle cramps by improving minerals and hydration
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Improves sleep by supporting blood sugar and hormone balance
whoo hooo! love those natural benefits.
• Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
• Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
• Mason Jar
• Fun little wooden spoons (come in a pack of 4 for less than $6!)
• Two small bowls and one larger bowl
• Large spoon
• Double Stick Tape
First measure out 1 and 1/2 cups of the sea salt in one bowl. And then measure out 1/3 cup of the coconut oil in the other bowl.
Then combine together in the large bowl with the large spoon. Mix well. You can use your hands to mix as well. Mix until its completely combined.
Once its mixed, transfer into your mason jars!
Time to print your labels!! You can download them here. Just print them on 8.5x11 paper and cut out around the lines! Attach on the back with double stick tape!
You are ready to use! Enjoy!
Much love <3