Welp, the world is going crazy. But my introverted half has been preparing for this her whole life haha. So if you're looking for a DIY to keep you busy while everyone is stuck inside these next however long? All you need are few items you can either get amazon primed in a day or insta-cart delivered, no need to even leave your house. You might even have some of them in your house already.
My inspiration for this look is from Just Female. I loved the simple shape with the organic pattern. So the strokes on this dress have pretty clean edges. It would taken a long time and a lot of precision to get these opaque strokes with a paint brush. I read awhile back about potato stamping on cotton. So I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try it out.
1. **Make sure you wash/iron your dress before starting (you will want it to be flat without any creases).
2. Start out by mixing the acrylic paint and the heat set medium at a 1:1 ration.
3. Cut your potato into the desired shape for your "brush stroke" stamp.
4. Make sure you are working on a covered, hard surface. You will want to put something stiff (I used a piece of cardboard) inside your dress so the paint doesn't soak through and dry which will cause the fabric to stick together.
5. Use your sponge brush to paint the mixture onto your potato slice.
6. Start your pattern!
7. Let dry for 24 hours, then heat set it with an iron!
Rock and style as desired :) Perfect for spring time which is right around the corner!