I saw this tutorial on a blog I love, Sugar & Cloth. She made a DIY Neckerchief using this cotton cloth, so I decided to try my hand at creating a DIY No Sew Hair Scarf! Its the perfect summer accessory, great for a pool day or just for fun :) There are also so many ways to tie a hair scarf. I love the versatility! Plus the great thing about making this DIY is that you can pick any color and pattern that you want, so you can easily choose what you want to pair it with. I created a couple different colors and patterns, check it out below!
1. You will want to start by washing/drying and ironing your fabric, it will make it a lot easier to paint on.
2. Once you have your fabric ready, you will want to prepare your area by taping down kraft paper or an old cloth to protect your surface.
3. You will then want to tape down your fabric so it stays in place while you are creating your pattern.
4. To make the paint mixture, you will want to do it at a 1:1 ratio. However much paint you add, add an equal amount of the fabric paint and mix it together.
5. After your colors are mixed with the heat set fabric paint, start creating your pattern!
6. Once you are done painting, you will want to pick up your fabric and let it hang over something to dry. I draped mine over my laundry drying rack. It will stick to the surface you painted on if you don’t take it off, and it will be a little difficult to remove. It might also not dry properly if you leave it on your surface.
7. I left mine to dry overnight per Sugar and Cloth’s directions and then once it was completely dry, iron over the pattern for about 10 minutes! After mine was ironed, I put it in the dryer for about 20 minutes to make it less stiff.
Once its ironed, you are ready to tie it up however you choose! My two favorite ways to wear it are photographed here. I also like to wrap it around a high top bun while at the pool!
I hope you guys are enjoying the warm weather and eating allllll the ice cream you can!!! (in my case sorbet from MY FAV gelato shop Rosso’s in Rocky River)
Much love <3